Monday, January 18, 2010

I am Too Old for This!




Its so important to PACE your exercise. After the long hiatus, looking back i think i was over ambitious to actually think that i could do a cycling morning with the group and not pay the repercussions!

It was a beautiful morning surrounded with lush greenery. The morning air was crisp and it was the weather was with us..After the first 10 minutes, I started panting and screaming from the back that my b*@tt was hurting! (Gosh! No wonder bicycle seat cushions is a huge industry ( I am sure it is!). Nobody told me that we would be rolling up and down the hills ( more Ups mind You) to get to the dam and to the picnic area! We incorporated the cycling with an outdoor birthday celebration.Despite the pain, I did not surrender..as my energetic nephews whizzed passed me several times to hurry up. I was grateful when one of them had to push the bike up the hill as it was too steep for him..( naturally i took the opportunity to "Stay Back" with him and walk up together, Could not possibly leave him alone!) I brought my nephews along so that they could enjoy themselves, roam free and yet be able to exercise at the same time.

At the end of the evening, i reflect back and saw a 15 year old girl cycling -who now feels close to 50 with her knee caps about to fall off!But it was a GREAT day of fun and exercise! I bonded with my friends and family and finally found something my nephews enjoyed doing which would help them have a more healthier lifestyle. They wanted to do more and more of it!

So, my little healthy lessons today are:(1) PACE your exercise routine- it does not matter if you are left behind, be kind with your body, (2) drink ( and carry) water with you (3) do something you really enjoy and (4) incorporate family and friend celebrations with a healthy activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment