Monday, November 30, 2009

Allan the Action Man!



"I have not execised for the last 2 years. I used to have a "V" Shaped body, then it went to "H". From there I got to an "A" Shape which made its way to "O". Very soon, if I don't watch it it will get to "K"! The Chinese say that "K" Means distorted figure!" Interesting and new definitions of the Body Shape Allan!

"I blame my career as a caterer as that has helped me to get overweight! I have been a caterer for the last 13 years, the first 10 years I gained 3 kgs and the next 3 another 10 kgs!" Allan continues moaning. As a young men, Allan had a very active lifestyle and considered himself as "Action Man"! He prided himself in doing things promptly and swiflly which put his catering staff to shame. But now he feels heavy and much slower than before, which frustrates him. After becoming the owner of his business, his life became more sedentary and the entertainment with clients ( yes, drinking) started taking its toll on Allan's body.

" A long time ago, girls used to ask me for my number! Since 10 years ago, if i asked girls for their phone number they would say "Uncle..you are a married uncle...please act like one". I was not even married then!" Allan continues whilst shaking his head. Sometime last year, Allan was hospitalised for 2 weeks for a fever of unknown origin. He would break into a sweat in the mornings and had high fever at night. The doctors could not diagnose exactly what was wrong with him.They checked everything and nothing seemed to be wrong. Allan was sick and tired of feeling that way.

Allan says that when he joined Get Healthy! ,he learnt that he had about 43% fat as measured from the body fat index. He had always thought that he was fat but did not realise he was actually obese! That shook him a bit. "When I lose my 15kg, I actuall fall into the fat category!", he sighs and laughs at the same time. He feels very lucky for joining the Get Healthy! Campaign as it has made him more aware of his body and as a result of participating in the group activities, feels that he has more stamina and energetic! Way to Go Allan!

No comments:

Post a Comment